1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
There were several discoveries that I know will continue to use over and over again. I love Photostory3, the ability to create videos so easily and then upload to TeacherTube is so awesome-I can't wait to share this activity with my students. I've also enjoyed finding social networking websites with interests that I share and connecting to others who are in my profession.
2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
This experience has helped me to learn more about the web therefore continuing my learning. I am no longer afraid to discover and try out new online tools. I'm always telling my students that I learn new things every day and this gave me an opportunity to practice what I preach-I look forward to discovering the next 23things.
3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Oh yea....like how much was out on the web I had no clue existed. One unexpected outcome, TeacherTube, like everyone else I knew about YouTube but how great to have website with educational videos and the ability to post your own.
4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I would say promote it more to teachers and principals on all campuses. I don't think a lot of teachers understand or even know about the program. To get more involvement in the program, maybe assign one topic for teachers to explore each month-concentrating on the tools they would be most likely benefit from and incorporate into their classroom.
5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Yes.....even though it took time and perseverance to complete the 23things. I learned so much and I want to learn so much more about the web.
6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
Eye-Opening, Informative and Exciting!!