Saturday, April 19, 2008

Thing #16

I learned about Wikis through my current library science class. It's a great way to collaborate with other when you just don't have the time to meet regularly. We used a Wiki to help prepare and organize information for our midterm. What's great about it is that everyone can add and share information easily. At my school, the librarian set up a wiki for teachers to collaborate on changing the current AR award program. There were lots of emails from teachers asking "what is a wiki?" I learned from that experience that it's important to educate your campus first about wikis, how to use it and encourage teachers to explore using it in their classrooms.

I could see using it share what's happening in library, voting on bluebonnet books, schedules for library and computer labs. I look forward to exploring more ways to use a wiki in a library program.

No comments: