Saturday, April 19, 2008

Thing #15

Before starting grad school to become a librarian, I thought I was pretty tech savvy. I knew about blogs, Myspace, free photo hosting websites and even how to set up your own website for free-my whole view has changed. I am amazed at how much is out there on the web for everyone to use and feel overwhelmed at how much more I have to learn. Since starting 23things, I have learned about so many things I want to share with others and I look forward to using them in my classroom.

Library2.0 to me represents what I need to do to stay connected to the needs of my users-students, teachers and community. As a future librarian, I have to look beyond staying updated on current books, periodicals and reference materials. My world has to expand to include technology and make a commitment to continue my education of the web. Our students today are so technology advanced that in order to meet their needs, we have to work toward providing them the opportunities and resources to further their education. I have to model being a life-long learner to ensure that my students and teachers view themselves as one too.

No comments: