Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thing #8

Okay.....I've seen those little orange boxes at the bottom of websites and wondered why it was there and now I know more about RSS feeds. I love the fact that I can set up a reader page/place where I can get the latest information posted on those websites without having to visit them daily or weekly. It saves time for busy librarians or anyone from scrolling through information they may not want to read and select things that interest them from that site.

I can see this being very useful for staying up to date with the last technology and media, but also getting news from other blogs by librarians and teachers. Now, I just have to learn how to manage it all on Google reader. I found that some of my favorite websites don't have an RSS feed-interesting I would have thought that all websites would want their readers to subscribe to them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though the site doesn't have an RSS emblem, you can still add it to your Google reader to keep up with it...another reason the reader is so great!